Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Chaos Beastmen, 2nd Edition styles.

 So, back when I was playing 8th edition I picked up several sets of the Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastmen because I was going to write up a datasheet for them and run them as auxiliaries to my Chaos Space Marine force.

Fast forward a year...and while I painted the four I originally obtained with my box, the other eight were sitting idle as I'd lost all interest in 8th edition 40K as it ran rampant into nonsensical territory.  Then...2nd edition revival.

What's this?  A competently written codex!?  A Chaos Cultists list which includes actual Chaos Beastmen!?  Boom.  Motivation to finish the other eight.

Modified and equipped for 2nd edition (where they could actually take wargear and decent weapons).

 

Yes, the picture is a bit crap, but you get the point!  I armed five or six with Bolt Guns and made two "Champions" who can lead squads of Beastmen.  One is armed with a bolt pistol, power axe and chainsword...while the other is armed with a plasma pistol and power glove.

No comments:

Post a Comment