Saturday, October 15, 2022

Playtesting FSF with...skeletons!?

Got a playtest in with the new FSF tokens.  We used my buddy's fantasy sksleton army (as it slotted in nicely and could be converted over quickly to the normal ancients rules).

Punched out and cleaned the new test tokens.
My buddy's Light Cavalry advancing on the first turn.
A large melee erupts on the right flank.
The melee is joined by my heavy cavalry, chariot, and berserkers while my opponent throws in skeletons to help his cavalry.
Later in the game, one of my chariots tries to withdraw from combat but fails and breaks.  It is harrassed by enemy archers as it flees.
On the right flank the skeletons break, as my own chariot leaves the combat and the enemy light cavalry work on killing off my heavy cavalry.
Late in the game the two main combats start causing casualties en masse.
Some skeleton light infantry break, and nearby skeleton archers are forced into open order by my archers.
The combat on the left flank escalates rapidly.

My light infantry skirmishers hang back, dropping arrows on any enemy unit out of combat.
For some reason I think it's a good idea to charge a light missile chariot into combat...

When my buddy's two skeleton units split up, I charge one with my larger light infantry unit.
Units moving early in the game.
My buddy runs two skeleton units up the center of the table to deal with my large infantry unit.
Early in the game a small detachment of my heavy cavalry seize an objective.
Early deployment and moves on the first turn.
I decide to tackle the center with my largest light infantry unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment