Thursday, June 15, 2023

A new town deserves a new mat.

I'm trying some new mat options.  I picked up two 'Autumn' mats from Geek Villain to try out.  Sadly they're far more green than advertised (or so I find), but they seem to work well with the stuff I have on hand, so I may well keep them.  If it bugs me too much I'll flip them.


I also knocked out two small fenced in yards/gardens --- one of which will need plants applied in the future.


I also finally set up eight of my ten new "village" buildings I built a month or two ago.

These are MDF kits from Knights of Dice's 'Tabula Rasa' range --- sadly the company is closing shop this month.  I've paneled them and added teddy bear fur as thatch.  After seeing them on the table, I may try to darken the thatch some more - not sure.

I tried setting up a simple village just to test all the terrain from the past month or two.  I don't love the neoprene road, and I need more fences, but it's a nice start.








3 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking village. I think the neoprene road looks quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ended up selling off the mats...too fickle, I know. The roads are "okay", but altogether it wasn't giving me the fizzies. Still got a few more buildings to do!

      Delete
  2. That is a fantastic village. I really like your thatch rooves- very convincing.

    ReplyDelete