Monday, January 22, 2024

Games!: Famine, Sword, & Fire - and a new side project!?

Been running a bunch of games of Famine, Sword, & Fire lately.  Some pictures included from the last game.






In related news, I've decided I'd like to be able to run FSF (or a toned down version) at conventions in the future, but I don't want to risk my Dacians (which are lovingly painted and rather delicate), so how to build a quick "robust" pair of armies that I can field easily?

I decided to scour eBay and order several lots of Battle Masters miniatures from the 1992 board game.  They're mainly simple monopose miniatures, and simple/robust sculpts.  They "should" paint easy and give me two opposing armies I can run (while also hitting a nice nostalgia spot for older gamers).

The first batch from eBay arrived and I've been prepping them for recovery.  Removed all the stickers and bits...tossed them in the ultrasonic with alcohol and brushed them all with dish soap, etc.  Disassembled the ones (as these don't need glue).  I have some more batches en route this week.  When they arrive, I should have - more or less - two nicely opposed armies which I can hopefully paint in a reasonable amount of time.

May not be done for 6-months or more, but it'll be a fun nostalgia trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment