Tuesday, February 20, 2024

FSF + Battle Masters = Convention FSF?

After running games at Siege of Augusta the past few years and CoastalCon when it's available, I'd like to be able to run a game of Famine, Sword, & Fire...but I don't trust "normal" people with my delicate miniatures.

I was trying to decide how I'd produce a bunch of miniatures which were robust, quick-to-paint and attractive "enough" for gaming.  Enter...eBay and old copies of Battle Masters.

I started collecting some second hand models, and ultra-sonic cleaning them in 99% alcohol and cleaning up a bunch of old mold lines and questionable assemblies...

So, to see if I have the motivation to really do it, I decided to start with some of the harder-to-paint minis: the Orcs.  They have more detail than most of the other ones.


While easy...painting up a ton of these guys was definitely boring.  I also am trying to snag any vaguely reasonable Warhammer monopose fantasy plastics from the early 90's.  (for those unaware: Games Workshop teamed with Milton Bradley to produce Hero Quest and later Battle Masters).  Battle Masters was made with GW sculpts but often with less detail and crappier plastic.

I added a set of Black Orcs I found on eBay for an "acceptable" price.


So this is the potential start to two opposing armies for use in demo games and convention games of Famine, Sword, & Fire.  If I can stomach painting more minis...I'll try to finish out the project.  If not, I'll find a way to use them or sell them off!



No comments:

Post a Comment