Wednesday, July 3, 2024

The Battle Masters project comes to an end...and lessons were learned.

Late last year I had rather silly thought..."What if I made two simple, robust armies for use at gaming conventions when I want to introduce people to Famine, Sword, & Fire?  I could use old miniatures from Battle Masters, a 1992 board game with sturdy and cheap figures..."

I picked up several sets of Battle Masters figures, and plowed through the Chaos side with relative ease...

I started struggling with the start of the Empire.  Painting 20-40 of the same exact mediocre sculpt with poor colour choices, etc.  By the end (yesterday evening), I was...hateful of the last 20 knights I had to paint.  My speed paint standard diminished and some are so ugly they're not even getting close up pictures.

So...maybe I should not have painted some 250+ miniatures for a convention game...the lesson has been learned.  I'm very anxious to start painting stuff I actually want to paint again!

Here is the Empire half to the Battle Masters project.









No comments:

Post a Comment