Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Rhino-Russ Vindicator gets an upgrade!

While doing my third Rhino-Russ conversion I decided (mainly because I'm cheap) that I wanted to mount my Vindicator's demolisher cannon in a separate larger gun housing.  This would free up my other turret to be used for future Predator use.

Also, a larger superstructure would set the tank apart from the Predator much more, and might justify the Toughness 8 benefit of the Vindicator itself.

 The third Rhino-Russ after priming...ready for paint.
 The third Rhino-Russ assembled and painted - later dipped.
 Started building a box for the demolisher cannon out of plastic.
 Cut down the razorback hatch and mounted some gubbins.  Fitted the demolisher with wood.
 Added some extra armour plating up front.
 Assembled and primed - test fitting.  Note the whole gun box fits into the slot for the normal Rhino hatch - it can be removed, all of the tanks are modular at this point.
The Vindicator's gunbox is chipped and dipped - will be flatted and fitted tomorrow.

At this point I'll have three Rhino-Russes; all three can serve as Rhinos, two are fitted for Predator bits, and one (the non-Predator) is magnetized for the dozer blade and will carry the Vindicator gunbox.  I'm only two sponson short of running the second Predator.  This gives me a lot of versatility in my Chaos Space Marine force - and I'm happy for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment