Tuesday, November 3, 2020

We survived two quests in a row. No, really.

 As I'm narrowing down the card designs for my dungeon crawl game, it's been time to start moving onto writing the rulebook, the scenarios and most importantly the story-driven campaign element.  To this effect, I've started playtesting intro scenarios, etc.  So today my buddy Josh and I started a "campaign".

We ran the first quest, then went through the story elements to run a second quest...and we actually survived!  Admittedly it was down to sheer luck, mostly, but we did it!

I actually took a few pictures this time - not many, because...you know I'm terrible at taking pictures mid-game.

In Quest run, our party runs into cultists of some nameless God.


The Wizard, lagging behind is cut off and jumped by two cultists.


At the front of the party, the Warrior and Barbarian fight back to back against this new devilry!


After a decent scrap, the heroes finally corner the last cultists in a narrow passage and slay him!


In the second room of Quest two our party runs into tentacles and goblins...a lot of goblins.  We actually survived this somehow and completed the quest!

I forgot, I also finally painted up this Wyvern I'd picked up a while ago - nice critter though I struggle to get a decent picture of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment