Friday, April 29, 2022

Fallschirmjaeger Finishing Flex?

So, in a somewhat therapeutic fashion I've been cranking out the "last" of my Fallschirmjaeger.  I still have some miniatures on the sprues, but I've covered almost all of the options in the army lists and I have a nice fighting force with a lot of support options available.  It's likely I may only do one or two more small infantry units for the FJ force.  It's nice to have finished this project after letting it hang for a while.

Using the Kasserine box I received today, I knocked out two 50mm guns (I had painted the crews yesterday).  I added a 120mm mortar team, an MG loader team and a small recon team armed with panzerfausts.
 
The Kasserine box showed up today.  It's a staggering value at $60 for everything you get in the box.  That gets you 5-10 space marines nowdays, so...two large armoured groups is pretty nice for the price.  I think Flames of War is a pretty awful game, but I don't mind taking advantage of their miniatures!
 
The small mountain of plastic.  I'll be able to use the AT guns (already painted), the German armour, and most of the American armour as Soviet Lend Lease.  All in all, I'll use almos the entire box.
 
We also had a decent sized 20mm game of Battlegroup this evening.  As usual I barely took any photos, but my Soviet defenses held against a large German force (Tigers and armoured panzer grenadiers, Panzer III's, etc.).
 
I broke the Germans while I was at 30/38 Battle Rating.

Germans storm my right flank and occupy a gun dugout.
My 85mm AT gun was wiped out so a rifle squad occupied the gun position.
A picture of most of the table.  I had to defend against a determined foe!




No comments:

Post a Comment