Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Fallschirmjaeger Get Reinforced

 Inspiration can come from some weird places...

My buddy recently had his car stolen (and recovered).  One of the things stolen in the process was a box containing his Battlegroup German army - or a large portion of it.  No doubt the thief thought it was something else.

So this put the kibosh on our semi-routine Battlegroup games.  For this reason I decided to actively flesh out my Fallschirmjaeger force so that he can borrow more of it when playing.  If he wants to rebuild his German infantry platoons, that's fine - but in the mean time he can use my force with his remaining models and we'll have a large/suitable selection for him.

So, with a new box of FoW models ordered and on the way, I decided to warm up my 15mm painting hands, and add some infantry elements to the FJ force.

The work desk.
A new sniper, a loader team, an additional tripod MG34/42, a 75mm recoiless gun, and a forward aid post.
No medical or staff miniatures on hand, so my forward aid post is more of an HQ or logistics....thing.  Just needs to be represented on the table.
My German infantry box at the moment.  Two platoons, each reasonably well supplied with platoon support options.  Some additional AT guns, an engineer squad, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment