Monday, January 13, 2020

"We left the Elf behind..."

Had a play-test of CCC today.  I produced a quick Dwarven Forge dungeon (also did an inventory, decided on some things I need to sell on, and some things I need to acquire) and ran a simple mission with a buddy of mine.

I forgot to take pictures during the game until the very end...because stupid.

 The dungeon set-up before the game got underway...

 The table...after the game (covered in madness!)
Post-game mayhem...

The end of the quest...
 
The highlights...
  • We chose random heroes and ended up with a Wizard, Dwarf, Warrior and Elf.
  • Only our second room in we ran into a Stone Golem, a group of Spiders and a group of Goblins...and it just went downhill from there.
  • The Elf was slain by Goblins late in the game...
  • When the Elf died and everyone else was wounded we abandoned the idea of trying to finish the quest and bailed...
  • The Dwarf escaped first and the Warrior and Wizard had an Unexpected Encounter with a Wyvern who they avoided by literally one turn (shown in the last picture).
  • We drew really poorly and really tough bad guys but did surprisingly good considering...

 

2 comments:

  1. Elbows, this looks really cool! It's a cooperative dungeon crawler? I'll need to read through some of your design diary posts, but wanted to let you know I really dig the bits and pieces you've created so far. Hey, I'd suggest turning on the "Followers" widget in your blogspot Layout settings so I.. I mean "visitors" can get updates pulled into their blogger feeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John, thanks! I'll look into it...I just realized people event comment on my blog, so that's a start I guess! Obviously the dungeon crawl has gotten a lot of playtesting and it's still going strong. Stay tuned for more.

      Delete