Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Old West Redux!

So, after rebasing all of my Old West miniatures I decided to rebase all of my terrain pieces, and touch a bunch of them up.  I went for a more neutral basing scheme (with the hopes of sneaking this stuff into my Mordheim tables where necessary).  I also painted all of my wagons/sheds/etc. from 4Ground to a more realistic worn-grey wood.  Not in love with the final colours, but they don't look terrible - once again they'll fit with my Mordheim stuff and the Old West.

Riderless horses were likewise rebased to match the footborne models.  2017's Old West goal is for 10-15 mounted characters fully painted.

 Old West "detritus" or scatter terrain.  Predominantly Ainsty Casting resin on various sized Renedra bases.
 Perry US Cavalry horses used for empty/riderless mounts/horses.  Fantastic horses, if a bit...dynamic for standing horses.
4Ground wagons, sheds, outhouses and cart...repainted.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Shadow War Armageddon Roster Sheet (Revised!)

Just whipped this up for the people who don't have access to a roster sheet.  Intended for back-to-front printing.


EDIT: Shortly after releasing the first one I put some more time and effort into a newer one...so...take advantage of it!

Shadow War: Armageddon Roster Sheet (Download)

For those with colour printers I've added a more colourful version (to help delineate between characters) w/ experience points removed from the Leader's entry as well.

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Playtesting the beast.

Played a test game while working on the mechanics of the Stir Monster for Mordheim...it didn't end particularly well for my Undead warband...

 The warband approached the game via three launches...
 The Zombies inability to run made them easy pickings one the beast surfaced.
 The beast emerged as a Zombie attempted to spirit away a chunk of precious Wyrdstone.
 The warband, shortly before being devoured.
Before the beast appeared the warband moved quickly through the ruins, grabbing up wyrdstone...



Saturday, April 8, 2017

It came from the River Stir...

Spurred on by the idea of getting to play some Mordheim in the next week or two I put together and painted the large Thaug miniature from Conan and used all of the tentacles provided with the Kickstarter pledge to make a giant waterborne beastie.

One of the pictures shows a large 28mm (32mm) figure from Reaper for scale.  The tentacles have been clipped off bases and mounted on clear acrylic (paint...in...the..ass!).  I normally don't like acrylic bases - find them far too shiny and obvious when used on normal boards...but for the tentacles which may be over water or land, etc. I think it was the right choice.

I'm doing up rules for the creature for Mordheim (which will probably translate perfectly to Necromunda if needed).  Will post that when I get around to finishing it.




Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Painting doldrums...

I've been in a rut for a few weeks, trying to paint.  Nothing I've painted is well done, and I've stripped numerous models (some more than once!) trying to rekindle some kind of enthusiasm.  I've been in the mood to paint, but the results just aren't coming together - perhaps I'm not overly inspired by the models...not sure.

I almost didn't post these because they're so mediocre, but models are models.


An inquisitor in terminator armour - made from a Librarian body and some bits I had laying around.  Armed with a plasma gun (possibly used as the Wargear Card "Plasma Blaster" when needed)
 





Various elements allowing me to run an Undead warband in Mordheim (for which I built the terrain the previous post).  A necromancer, some more zombies/ghouls, some hyenas from the Conan boxed game to serve as dread wolves (awful sculpts unfortunately), and some dregs assembled from Frostgrave cultist bits and other stuff.