Saturday, April 8, 2017

It came from the River Stir...

Spurred on by the idea of getting to play some Mordheim in the next week or two I put together and painted the large Thaug miniature from Conan and used all of the tentacles provided with the Kickstarter pledge to make a giant waterborne beastie.

One of the pictures shows a large 28mm (32mm) figure from Reaper for scale.  The tentacles have been clipped off bases and mounted on clear acrylic (paint...in...the..ass!).  I normally don't like acrylic bases - find them far too shiny and obvious when used on normal boards...but for the tentacles which may be over water or land, etc. I think it was the right choice.

I'm doing up rules for the creature for Mordheim (which will probably translate perfectly to Necromunda if needed).  Will post that when I get around to finishing it.




1 comment:

  1. Amazing model and complementary paint job. Very envious. I agree it would be great for a sump critter in a necromunda game.

    ReplyDelete