Monday, April 6, 2020

A little role-playing diversion...maps!

Been doing some D&D lately and not loving it.  I have however been playing around a bit with Dungeon World which is far more my style.  Looking forward to doing more of it in the future.  It's also a good stand-in right now with current events - being easily played over Discord chats.

To that effect I've been screwing around with map-drawing lately.  It's something that has long appealed to me, so I finally picked up some proper pens and some decent paper.  Been enjoying drawing random fantasy maps.  Hopefully these'll come into play later in various role-playing games, or maybe the dungeon crawl game.

 First attempt at a proper map...made some errors, learning some stuff.
 The third map, based around a crazy coastline.
 My little dinner-desk covered in maps...

 The second map which may sneak its way into a role-playing session soon.
I've purposely left names off the last two maps I've done - going to see about scanning the maps and maybe digitally assigning names, so that the maps can be used by people without worrying about my names and decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment