Monday, June 28, 2021

Some Battlegroup work and some Old West shootin'.

 Been doing a lot of work on a variety of projects - but have neglected the blog for a bit.

Some pictures from today's SnS bloodbath.









And some Battlegroup progress.  Having begun 15mm Battlegroup, my first handful of purchases were random Zvezda tanks.  I used these to work out how to paint 15mm, and what colours I liked, etc.  I threw on some rather slapdash decals....and since then I've not been happy with them.  I put this lot up on eBay and luckily no one picked it up!  I then decided to recover them instead.

So I whipped out the old ultrasonic cleaner and some alcohol and set to work stripping down the tanks.  Then I went through and re-gunned most of them, added additional stowage, made some battle damage and then repainted them and re-did the decals with new proper ones.  I'm pretty happy with the salvage operation though I've got a few left to recover!  I also added a second platoon to the Fallschirmjaeger and an 88 crewed by some PSC crew.

Three Zvezda T-34's recovered.  The center one has been fitted with an FoW turret to match the other two.
Three FoW KV-1s with fixed turrets and replaced paint/decals.
KV-1S additional turrets painted up.
FJ platoon with an 88 FlaK in support.

Three Zvezda KV-1s which went under heavy surgery.  Re-gunned, additional stowage, battle damage, and a full repaint and re-decal.  Painted with a fictional "Far East" service camouflage scheme.




No comments:

Post a Comment