Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Goblins and Dwarves & Behind the Scenes nonsense.

 I know my blog has stalled a bit in the past month, but that's due to a couple reasons.

1. I'm working a ton on writing rules for Scrapheap and Merciless (and will then resume CCC work).  So there's nothing to show on the blog when I type a few more pages or edit more files, etc.

2. I've been trying to clear off hobby pests; or items that have sat on my hobby desk for six months or a year...without being resolved.  I painted a leftover piece of river that I missed doing when I re-did my Gale Force 9 rivers maybe a year ago.  I finished(?) assembling and quickly spraying my 4Ground train which was...the most hateful hobby experience I've had in years.  No pictures because I hate it, but it sat unfinished on my desk for a LONG time after starting it.  An abysmal kit of paper and card...and minimal MDF.  Over-engineered and flimsy as fuck.  However, finishing it (while throwing out half the pieces) meant I could just tick off that box and get it out of the hobby room.

3. Dip.  I've a few new cans of Army Painter Strong Tone dip and for some reason...they take a week to dry instead of overnight like my previous cans.  Perhaps they changed a formular or I magically picked up three bad cans...but the result is that I have a bunch of miniatures just sitting...waiting to dry.  So you're more likely to see bursts of pictures/models on this blog than the daily stuff - as I might spend three nights in a row painting...and not be able to show anything for a week afterward.

4. The great sell off.  I've been spending a lot of time listing old stuff on eBay to clear space.  My 40K projects are being sold off as I don't see myself ever playing the game again - probably not even 2nd edition, which has been a pet project of mine for some time.  There are a few Necromunda kits I'd like to pick up, and maybe the Eldar Corsairs (for use with Scrapheap), but I can say my 40K days are actually over...unless someone develops a fun skirmish game for it.

So...now a few pictures of some Merciless we did with a scenario of Goblins raiding a Dwarf hold.

The dwarves must hold out against an entire 54-card deck of Goblins.
As the dwarves set to defend themselves, Goblin arrows find their mark.
A large spider NPC consumes one of the most well armed dwarves.
The Goblins slowly funnel down the stairs into the dwarf hold.


No comments:

Post a Comment