Monday, July 25, 2022

From Xenomorphs to Zombies

I've been knocking out a bunch of random NPCs for Scrapheap as I come closer to actually completing the damn thing.  To that effect I picked up some awful Mantic "Space" Zombies.  I hated...every second I spent on these miniatures, so I rushed them to just get them done and out of the way.

While I'm sure Mantic may have made progress lately, these are just shit-awful models.  Do not recommend.  However, 'Zombie Horde' is an NPC encounter which can occur in Scrapheap so I was trying to find a simple way to get some painted.


Then, unrelated to Scrapheap technically...I snagged a box of Gale Force Nine Xenomorphs from their ALIENS board game.  The models are almost excellent.  I say almost because they come with bases which are atrociously bad, and connected by microscopic joints on the feet.  Would have vastly preferred normal feet I could attach to a normal base.  I give these things...three games before some ankles or feet joints snap and break.  Not very sturdy in my opinion.  However...relatively cheap and I've got some more to paint up (read: drybrush).



No comments:

Post a Comment