Thursday, June 22, 2017

Games! Warhammer 40K 8th Edition.

Well, on a lark I went and played a game of the new 40K.

Background: I played 2nd ed. 40K in high school and played a little bit of 3rd/4th edition before quitting because I lost interest in the game's mechanics (not the fluff, but the rules didn't intrigue me at all).

Fast forward around 12-14 years and while I still play a modified version of 2nd, I decided to try 8th since it's the first major change since the change from 2nd to 3rd (all of the subsequent versions were build on the "bones" of 3rd ed...which sucked.

Shocking development?  I enjoyed it! (sorry, crap photos)








Why did I enjoy it?  I played a guy who had a similar attitude toward the game - I made up a simple/fun scenario and we didn't get overzealous with any nonsense or rules lawyering - we just played the game and had a good time.  A nice change.


No comments:

Post a Comment