Monday, June 10, 2019

Hygthumpus and Friend; also CCC playtesting!

I painted up a lovely Minotaur today and a silly Goblin king from a couple days back (hadn't take any pics).






Also, for anyone who knows me or has followed this blog since it's inception about five years ago...you'll know I've been working (painfully) on a dungeon crawl game since around 2002...after regretting losing my copy of the original Warhammer Quest.

In that time I've painted a couple hundred minis...gotten my hands on an egregious level of dungeon terrain and...done nothing with it.  I've been piddling around with rules for 17 years and have playtested a dozen different ideas - never really landing on something that captured my imagination.

This weekend I playtested the latest ideas with a buddy and have to say I may have finally found a core concept on which to proceed.  Here's hoping...the playtest game for basic mechanics went well and most importantly we had fun!






Note: I didn't bust out the dwarven forge scenery because it's very time intensive and this is just playtesting - so some wonderfully diverse and useful D&D tiles were used (they'll likely be my playtesting and travel dungeon of choice).


2 comments:

  1. Great looking game setup. It's so rare to see all painted figs like that. I agree, dwarven forge is very time intensive (though it looks pretty awesome). It does seem a bit easy to accidentally run out of bits though (oops).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, for me it just depends on how much time I have to set stuff up now. I'm swapping more DF resin to plastic for easy storage/transport and thus can use it a bit more often.

      Delete