Friday, August 21, 2020

August of all things...

 Playing catch up for a bit here...

I had a wickedly wild game of Shoot N' Skedaddle the other weekend - a narrow victory in a game spanning nearly four hours.  Nice to bust out the Old West stuff after a five month hiatus.

 I've also been working a lot on my Soviets (big surprise!).  The factories have been thrown on trains and moved back from the front, and the production is back underway.

 A pair of Su-85 tank hunters (Battlefront Miniatures)
 
A scratch-built crane insert for a recovery or repair truck (fits my Zis-42M halftracks and my Zis-5 trucks)
 
A set of 4Ground cabins.  I painted some of them and added a ghetto thatch roof from felt.
 
A collection of two new Zis-42M, two M3 White Scout Cars, and another Zvezda Su-76 to complete the small three-machine platoon.
 
A group of three additional KV-1's (ignore the one kit-bashed turret...)
 
Two Zis-42M halftracks and one Zis-5 truck.
 
Supply "inserts" - an easy way to convert trucks around to different purposes.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, love your blog, I check it regularly. Good battle reports! Question, how do you make your ghetto thatch roofs? I'm about to start playing SAGA & Frostgrave and want to craft some basic dark ages huts and hovels. The basic construction I've done in the past but the methods I've researched for making thatch roofing all seem incredibly tedious. Maybe post a tutorial? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shepster, sorry for the delay (see my latest post on...not realizing people comment on my blog!). The roofs I did are simple felt squares from Hobby Lobby (about $0.30 a piece). Cut to size, glued on. Then hit with glue and a toothbrush after they're stuck on...then a little dry brush of camel hobby paint. Super simple. Not a great look, but easy enough to pass muster.

      Delete