Monday, August 24, 2020

The Augustan Assault

 I introduced a buddy to Battlegroup the other day, and these are pictures of the game (yes, we just used my collection so we had a Soviet vs. Soviet disagreement!).

My 57mm claims a lucky kill on an encroaching T-34.

My two flanking T-70's fail to spot the side of the remaining T-34...four times in a row.  They are subsequently shot to pieces by the T-34 and a Zis-3.
One of my infantry squads is pinned by mortar fire in the woods.
A Zis-3 gun takes aim at the T-70s after they fail to engage the T-34.
Late game, as reinforcements arrive for both sides.
The last kill of the game, a T-34 shoots the supply truck which was supplying an immobilized KV-2.
I deployed in this corner of the table, while my buddy drove on from the far end.
Reinforcements drive on for my buddy.
"Game over comrade, game over!"
My Su-76M which caused my opponent to draw four tokens in a single turn...
Mid-game...the fight hasn't yet gone completely against me!
As the T-70's fail to spot anything, one is pinned...another blown up...all of the T-70s meet a grizzly fate.
A KV-2 arrives to help m y forces...firing big, fat, juicy 152mm high explosive rounds around the table.
Surveying the table while my buddy takes his first turn.

My buddy's units roll onto the table at the start of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment