Tuesday, September 1, 2020

More stuff...Soviet stuff.

 Been cranking out random work on the WW2 project lately.


Swapped out my previous entrenchments for these "log" versions.  I wasn't going to touch them up, and then I did - again a  near full repaint.  Very happy with the sculpts though.  I will probably grab some more.
 
I picked up two Su-122s from the Axis/Allies collectible game.  They're okay - but have a lot of soft detail.

To make them a little nicer looking I added some hatches, swapped out the rubbery barrels and replaced fuel tanks, etc.  They're still soft-detailed single-piece models, but they'll serve.
Painted up and ready to serve.  They scale very well with proper 15mm miniatures.
I decided to re-make some roads...since I was a little underwhelmed with my Fat Franks purchased roads.  They tend to curl quite a bit, even when stored flat.
The new roads are a little over 50mm and provide enough room for two trucks to barely pass by eachother.
Larger, proper tanks will still be single file.
Only been doing a handful of pieces to test them - see if the Sintra holds up or if I don't like it.
Roads are made from 3mm Sintra.
My new wave of SPGs shown for scale.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment