Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Slaughter at Kryzeh

Had a game of Battlegroup over the weekend with a buddy.  500 points of Kursk Germans vs. my Soviets.

It did not end well for the Soviets, sadly.

Early in the game my Soviets are rushing to get out of a bottle neck as the German Tiger Ace is rolling forward.

The German armour moves up, safe with the knowledge that the Tiger Ace is covering the Soviet position.
My 82mm mortars were hugely inconsistent and I got very little proper use out of them despite firing them most turns.
The Germans seize an objective early game and hold it all game.
The BA-10 and T-34 which captured my first objective are shot to pieces as the Tiger Ace arrives on the table.
My token draws included...five(!) 4's in a row to start the game, followed by an air strike which didn't actually show up.
The Soviet formation is shot to pieces and struggles to accomplish much at all.
The Tiger Ace rolls forward (Fun fact: this is a miniature that I built for my buddy - oh the sorrow!)
Another dead T-34...
A pair of Zis-3's tries to counter German armour, but range and fences keep them from properly killing much.


No comments:

Post a Comment