Friday, May 27, 2022

Recovering some TT Combat Terrain

Perhaps a year ago I foolishly agreed to build what turned out to be, a rather large amount of TT Combat's modular sci-fi terrain (read: alternate to GW's Zone Mortalis/Necromunda themed plastic terrain).  This labor - which turned out to be rather excessive - was in trade for some computer components I never ended up using.  All in all, not a great idea, and rather depressing as I realized I was putting in a ton of work into something I'd never play on.

Fast forward to just last week.  Having played on my buddy's TT Combat terrain I decided I'd like a set, but had resigned myself to the fact that I had no remaining desire to actually build the stuff again.  I hit up my buddy from a year back to check in on the status of his terrain.

My luck he had most of it sitting around in his garage, untouched.  I made a fair offer and picked up the terrain that I had so painstakingly assembled!

Fast forward two days.

The collected terrain, painted.
 
Busy hammering away on doors, painting hazard stripes, throwing on some numbered decals I had laying around, doing a 'LOT' of edge highlighting.
 
 
While I need a few more sets, the stuff I picked up is suitable, shown here on an adhoc surface of just over 2'x3' --- well suitable for a skirmish.
 
As you can see, I went a different colour route than my buddy's more metallic style, but this serves a purpose - the TT Combat stuff melds with...gasp..my other TT Combat stuff, namely a bunch of platforms, etc.  So, combing the two would be easy and meld nicely colour-wise.

Throw in some more scatter terrain, maybe some pipes, additional platforms, and a few more kits and it'll be a sci-fi dungeon crawling nightmare.  A nice alternative to the ash wastes or normal terrain I play on.

The bad news?  This doesn't bump my painted number for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment