Thursday, June 8, 2023

Never stop terraining.

I guess the year of terrain is continuing as I've just decided to start fixing up all kinds of stuff.  I decided - for some reason - to finally fix my tree bases.  They've long been without static grass, and I decided to tackle all my trees today.

I re-did the dry brush on most of them, touched up all of the tree trunks and some branches.  I then re-did the bases edges in a more neutral colour...then finally applied static grass to all of them.  Needless to say, I'm...tired of static grass.

I also touched up some pine trees I've had for ages - taking the dark blue/green down several notches by spraying the trees with a mix of green spray paints.

The trees are shown here without their foliage - as I mainly did work on the bases.



2 comments:

  1. Great tune up. I find applying static grass very satisfying; maybe because it is fast and simple or possibly because it signifies the end of a project as it is the last thing I usually do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely have the "basing is the end" mentality. Love having everything done and then that final dry-brush, some flock, and making sure the bases are painted nicely. Definitely the final step.

      Delete