Thursday, July 4, 2019

Dungeon Beasties and a Hero

Not overly satisfied with the Reaper Bones orcs I previously painted I stumbled upon some gorgeous metal Orcs from Reaper's "Dungeon Dweller" line, aimed at more classic low-fantasy styled stuff - mostly by Bobby Jackson (rapidly becoming a big fan of his stuff).

Will probably collect more of the range and will pick up one or two more packs of Orcs.  A joy to paint.  I'm still making due with slightly old dip that's wanting to gum up....but...they're Orcs, so dirty is fine.










I also knocked out a single ranger/hero type from Reaper as well (forgot this fella's name).  A nice Tre Manor sculpt.







You may notice I haven't posted a ton in the past two weeks - this is mainly because I've been painting these guys, but also because I've been full-steam-ahead on my dungeon crawl rules project.  I've been spending a ton of time arranging/detailing cards and art, and starting to compile some stuff for further play-testing.

Been really happy with the test prints so far.  A loooong road ahead, but it's encouraging and keeping me interested (hence the sudden burst of additional dungeon minis!).   Dungeon stuff, particularly the small numbers needed is a really nice break from the monotony of Warhammer 40K!

No comments:

Post a Comment