Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Convention: Siege of Augusta, 2023

Siege of Augusta occured this past weekend - a nice "medium" size convention, the type I generally prefer.  If I had to guess I'd think some 200-250 people attended over the weekend.

For some reason I decided to host games non-stop from Friday at noon through Saturday at midnight.  I brought no less than three of my own games, and ran them in large blocks, just firing up games as players showed up.

The curse of "I don't like technology" struck...when I realized I had snapped only a handful of pictures of other peoples' games before putting my phone away for the whole weekend.  I just don't like whipping out my phone...but I should have!

Fortunately I was able to scrounge pictures from other attendees on the Facebook page.

One of several rounds of Caverns, Crypts, & Catacombs.
The party considers its next move.
The small demo-dungeon.
Running Scrapheap on my new junk town table!
Intrepid adventurers encounter a spectre.
The junk town I set up for demo-ing Scrapheap.
Another shot of Caverns, Cryptes, & Catacombs.
The town for Shoot N' Skeaddle.
Another shot of Drake's Branch, my old west town.
A picture from my buddy's "rescue peasants" fantasy game he custom designed for the convention.

More of main street.
A Halfling struggling to catch up with his partners.
Another few shots of the Scrapheap table.





A post-apocalyptic game that I didn't decipher.
An attractive Civil War game.
I believe this was Franco-Prussian war.
One of the other two Old West games we had running on Friday.
An attractive ancients "trireme" era naval game.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment