Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Starting off 2023 strong.

For 2022, here are my hobby results:

2022 Models Painted: 214*

*For the purposes of counting models, a base of 15mm miniatures is treated as a single model (whereas a 15mm tank is considered one model).  Sadly I don't count terrain which I built/painted a ton of for the year!

Starting for 2023, we're already on a roll.  My normal goal each year is simple and attainable: 10 miniatures per month, or 120 for the year.

I completed four Reaper Worms for use as quasi-Tremors 'Graboids' for playing some Scrapheap.  Sadly they're Bones Black or basic Bones and the primer colour is still tacky a few days after application...a frustration I've experienced with a handful of other Bones miniatures.  It's not deal-breaking as they are simple, quickly painted and just scenario use models....but nonplussed regardless.

 


 

These models actually have pinkish inner maws with teeth, but I realized they don't show in the pictures.  These are each mounted on 50mm bases, and they stand 60-65mm in height --- so quite large!

Another start for 2023, wrapping up some 15mm T-34's from Flames of War (for use with Battlegroup).  Unlike 98% of Soviet players, I'm not a huge fan of the T-34...and the ones I do like are the shorter barrely 76.2mm models.  However, T-34/85s are an absolute staple of mid to late war Soviet forces, so I put together some remaining T-34's for use.  I imagine I'm probably done with T-34's for quite some time - having roughly 13-15 of them on hand.





No comments:

Post a Comment