Sunday, May 21, 2023

Breaking the painting hiatus...kinda...sorta...

I've been off of painting for the past month or so.  Initially it was a week spent moving my brother into his new house.  Shortly before that I was sick for a few days.  Then after that...I was sick again for a week or two.  Since feeling better my motivation has been pretty poor.  I have - in fact - been working on "something" in the background, but it's not blog-worth just yet.

 I finally got off my ass today and did a little something.  I have ordered a handful of the rather decent Wizkids D&D pre-painted terrain sets.  They're selling for 30-40% off on Amazon and have proven to have some decent scatter terrain in them.  Of course, painted.

 Which...meant I opened the box and immediately primed them to repaint them!

Some various live-stock.  I re-based some horses I had from about a year ago, so that they match the table more easily.  I repainted the oxen and simply based the cows.  I may use the oxen to pull carts, and the rest of the animals are just for scenery (or use).

 

A bunch of the new scatter terrain promptly repainted.  It's some nice farm stuff.  The sculpts are not bad at all, though they don't clean too well with knives/files (it's that kind of plastic). 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment