Thursday, May 25, 2023

Pegasus Hobbies Fences: The Sequel

I recently painted up some scatter terrain for that project, and did another batch today - finishing another set of Pegasus Hobbies fences which I like so much.

These arrive in completely 'acceptable' condition, but I enjoy matching them to my colour palette.

As delivered, the Pegasus fences (each piece is roughly 6" long, so you get 36" of fence for around $15 which is reasonable) are painted typical brown and have a rather garrish green along the bases.  They're also a bit shiny.

When I receive them I do a few quick "touch-ups".  I first clip around the edges of the bases to round them off, so that the fences can align better when placed at non-90-degree angles.  I then apply some basing texture along the bottom, throw in some gravel, etc.  I then prime and re-paint them and thrown in some grass.  It's simple but effective and converts the fences to match my other normal terrain.

 
A picture "mid-surgery".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment